* To promote emotional literacy and get kids talking about their emotions and feelings.
* To practise active listening, to ourselves and others.
* To develop an awareness and understanding of what is going on inside our bodies and brains.
* To realise the importance of breath, movement and stillness.
* To increase curiosity about our inner and outer worlds.
* To get off screens and reconnect with natural environments and each other.
* To spark imagination, creativity and confidence.
* To value thoughts, feelings and ideas.
* To discover something new about ourselves.
* To have fun and laugh while doing it.
* To help kids glow.
Educator. Teacher. Creator.
14 years moving on the mat,
10 years teaching in the classroom,
6 years practising stillness on the cushion...
a lifetime of learning still to come.
Hi, I'm Amber! A classroom teacher turned wellness educator looking to ignite a curiosity for mindfulness and yoga in your classroom! After completing mindfulness for children and kids yoga certifications, I was inspired to create my own lessons and resources to teach the students in my classroom mindfulness techniques. In 2017, The Mindful Dino Crew were born and as other teachers and parents began using the books with their children my journey of bringing wellness to kids began.
2020 has been a tumultuous year for students, teachers and school communities, all over the world. The emotional well-being and mental health of children (and teachers and parents!) needs to be prioritised. We can help children by teaching them the tools and techniques to discuss their fears, identify their emotions and express what is going
on inside their inner world. There has never been a more
important time to come together and bring wellness into the